Peggy Riddle has over thirty-five years of experience in the field of museum services and historic interpretation. Peggy joined the Denton County Office of History and Culture in 2011 and serves as the Director, where she oversees a staff of five and a volunteer force of over 50.
She is the former Historic Preservation Manager for the City of Grapevine, former Assistant Director of the Legends of the Game Baseball Museum for the Texas Rangers Baseball Club, former Director of the Heritage Farmstead Museum in Plano, and former Director of Research and Public Programs for the Dallas Historical Society.
Prior to joining Denton County, Peggy planned exhibits for:
- The City of Dallas Parks and Recreation Department
- The City of Lancaster Museum
- The Coppell Historical Society
- The Gregg County Historical Museum
- The Harrison County Historical Museum
- The Lancaster Historical Society
- The White Rock Lake Centennial Celebration
She has served as associate editor and contributor for Legacies: A History Journal for Dallas and North Central Texas, and is the author of several manuals for educators, historical organizations and museums.