Where do I find the paperwork to file for divorce / child custody?

The District Clerk’s Office does not provide any paperwork for filing a case. If you are representing yourself, as your own attorney, you are required to know the rules of the court. And, the administrative rules and the rules for filing your documents as an attorney would. You can find most rules on the internet by searching for Texas Statutes. You may also do your research in the law library located in the Courts Building on the 2nd floor. 

Please remember all documents filed within a case are of public record and if you include personal information you should restrict the information to what is required by law.

Show All Answers

1. How may I obtain a copy of a divorce decree or other documents from a case file?
2. When will the Judge hear my case?
3. What are the filing fees?
4. When may I file documents for a case?
5. Where is the District Clerks office located?
6. I’m not sure if my case was filed in Denton, is there a way for me to check?
7. I was served with a citation and I’m not sure what I am supposed to do?
8. How do I update my address and/or phone number with your office?
9. I need a copy of my child support payments, where may I obtain the copy?
10. Where do I find the paperwork to file for divorce / child custody?
11. How do I schedule or re-schedule a hearing for my case?
12. What do you do with a document after I hand it to you?
13. I am the attorney of record on a case. Is there a way to be notified when a document has been filed or a hearing has been set in a case?
14. Why do you only provide blue ink pens?
15. Do I need to bring copies of documents?
16. Should I staple the original documents together?
17. Where do I find the forms?
18. May I make a payment without coming in to your office?