I’m not sure if my case was filed in Denton, is there a way for me to check?

For cases from 1990 to present, you may perform a search on the public web access at the website of Denton County Records Inquiry. If you do not have internet access, you may send in a written request including any information which will help us to search for your case. Such as the name of the parties, the year the case was filed, the type of case, etc. Or, you may request a search by completing the request form.

There is a $5 fee for each search requested. Please remember if you are requesting the information through the mail, we do not accept personal checks, and please do not send cash.

Show All Answers

1. How may I obtain a copy of a divorce decree or other documents from a case file?
2. When will the Judge hear my case?
3. What are the filing fees?
4. When may I file documents for a case?
5. Where is the District Clerks office located?
6. I’m not sure if my case was filed in Denton, is there a way for me to check?
7. I was served with a citation and I’m not sure what I am supposed to do?
8. How do I update my address and/or phone number with your office?
9. I need a copy of my child support payments, where may I obtain the copy?
10. Where do I find the paperwork to file for divorce / child custody?
11. How do I schedule or re-schedule a hearing for my case?
12. What do you do with a document after I hand it to you?
13. I am the attorney of record on a case. Is there a way to be notified when a document has been filed or a hearing has been set in a case?
14. Why do you only provide blue ink pens?
15. Do I need to bring copies of documents?
16. Should I staple the original documents together?
17. Where do I find the forms?
18. May I make a payment without coming in to your office?