When may I file documents for a case?

The District Clerks office is open Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday from 8 am to 5 pm and Wednesday from 8 am to 4:30 pm. Papers may be filed anytime during these hours. 

The District Clerk also accepts e-filed documents and filing may be done through the mail. If you file a document through the mail, make sure you include the correct payment amount. And, keep in mind the District Clerks office does not accept personal checks. Payment on tax cases must be made by credit card, cashier’s check, or money order, only. The mailing address is
P.O. Box 2146
Denton, TX 76202

Show All Answers

1. How may I obtain a copy of a divorce decree or other documents from a case file?
2. When will the Judge hear my case?
3. What are the filing fees?
4. When may I file documents for a case?
5. Where is the District Clerks office located?
6. I’m not sure if my case was filed in Denton, is there a way for me to check?
7. I was served with a citation and I’m not sure what I am supposed to do?
8. How do I update my address and/or phone number with your office?
9. I need a copy of my child support payments, where may I obtain the copy?
10. Where do I find the paperwork to file for divorce / child custody?
11. How do I schedule or re-schedule a hearing for my case?
12. What do you do with a document after I hand it to you?
13. I am the attorney of record on a case. Is there a way to be notified when a document has been filed or a hearing has been set in a case?
14. Why do you only provide blue ink pens?
15. Do I need to bring copies of documents?
16. Should I staple the original documents together?
17. Where do I find the forms?
18. May I make a payment without coming in to your office?