What if I cannot afford an attorney?

If you are claiming indigence and an inability to employ an attorney for your child, you must appear in the Juvenile Court within five working days after the date the Petition/Motion was served on your child to show proof of your indigence. 

If you are seeking the appointment of an attorney for your child, any and all persons responsible for the support of that child and all adults living in the household must bring to court current year-to-date pay check stubs and the last three years’ tax returns and any and all written documentation to support the claim of indigency or disability.

Court Address

210 S Woodrow Lane
Denton, TX 76205

Indigency Hearing Appearance Times

Mondays through Thursdays
1:30 pm 

Mondays through Fridays
9 am

Show All Answers

1. Why can’t I look up my child’s case on-line or see a copy of the court’s docket?
2. Why won’t court staff discuss my child’s case over the phone?
3. Do I have to attend my child’s court date?
4. Must my child be represented by an attorney?
5. Is there a dress code and behavior and safety code in your court?
6. What if I cannot afford an attorney?
7. Can I just talk to the judge?
8. Can the Juvenile Court Judge put me under any court orders?
9. Why does my child’s attorney refuse to speak with me about my child’s case?