Must my child be represented by an attorney?

When a Petition and/or Motion to Modify has been filed against your child, the law generally requires that the child be represented by an attorney. Thus, you must employ an attorney for the child. That attorney must be present at the time and date of the Appearance Hearing referenced in the Summons which was served upon you and your child along with the Petition and/or Motion.

Show All Answers

1. Why can’t I look up my child’s case on-line or see a copy of the court’s docket?
2. Why won’t court staff discuss my child’s case over the phone?
3. Do I have to attend my child’s court date?
4. Must my child be represented by an attorney?
5. Is there a dress code and behavior and safety code in your court?
6. What if I cannot afford an attorney?
7. Can I just talk to the judge?
8. Can the Juvenile Court Judge put me under any court orders?
9. Why does my child’s attorney refuse to speak with me about my child’s case?