What do you do with a document after I hand it to you?

Your document is file-marked with the current date and time and assigned a cause number if a new suit. We will receipt your payment and return any copies to you. If you are requesting issuance, you would need to provide us with enough copies for each party to be served. If you have copies, we will file mark your copies and return them to you. If you provide a proposed order, we will not file mark it until it has been signed by a Judge. 


If a payment is due, we will then receipt your payment. The document will be entered on the case management system in your case and scanned. Again, please remember that almost all documents filed in the case are of public record, which makes them available to any person. Please read the rules and include only the information required by law.

Show All Answers

1. How may I obtain a copy of a divorce decree or other documents from a case file?
2. When will the Judge hear my case?
3. What are the filing fees?
4. When may I file documents for a case?
5. Where is the District Clerks office located?
6. I’m not sure if my case was filed in Denton, is there a way for me to check?
7. I was served with a citation and I’m not sure what I am supposed to do?
8. How do I update my address and/or phone number with your office?
9. I need a copy of my child support payments, where may I obtain the copy?
10. Where do I find the paperwork to file for divorce / child custody?
11. How do I schedule or re-schedule a hearing for my case?
12. What do you do with a document after I hand it to you?
13. I am the attorney of record on a case. Is there a way to be notified when a document has been filed or a hearing has been set in a case?
14. Why do you only provide blue ink pens?
15. Do I need to bring copies of documents?
16. Should I staple the original documents together?
17. Where do I find the forms?
18. May I make a payment without coming in to your office?