Denton County Public Health (DCPH) announced three Denton County community members died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the total to 738 deaths due to COVID-19 in Denton County. Today’s reported COVID-19 deaths include:
- A female in her 70s who was a resident of The Colony
- A female in her 50s who was a resident of Denton
- A female over 80 who was a resident of Highland Village
“As we announce the death of three community members due to COVID-19, please keep their family in your thoughts and prayers,” stated Denton County Judge Andy Eads. “We hope community members will get vaccinated, as vaccination remains the best way to reduce the risk of COVID-19 hospitalization and death. And, during the holidays, we hope you will take the recommended precautions to keep you and your family safe.”
Actual dates of death can be released several days to several months after the date of death, due to various reporting agencies and medical records review. Please visit dentoncounty.gov/COVIDstats for an in-depth chart displaying dates of death and date of DCPH report.
DCPH also announced 145 new cases of COVID-19 in Denton County, of which 135 are active cases. This increases the cumulative, countywide total to 110,593 COVID-19 cases. DCPH also reported 221 newly recovered cases of COVID-19, increasing the countywide recovery total to 103,701.
To minimize spread of COVID-19, DCPH asks unvaccinated community members to:
- Maintain at least six feet of physical distance in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wear masks or face coverings, which should cover both the nose and mouth, in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wash and/or sanitize hands frequently
- Stay home if you are symptomatic, have recently had close contact with a person with COVID-19, or are awaiting COVID-19 test results
- If you are 5 years old or over, get your COVID-19 vaccine
If you are fully vaccinated, CDC recommends mask use in public indoor spaces.
If you are moderately to severely immunocompromised, please consider an additional dose of mRNA vaccine after your initial two doses.
For local COVID-19 vaccine information, including booster and third doses, visit DCPH's COVID-19 vaccine page. For additional COVID-19 data including active case information by municipality, hospital capacity, and ventilator utilization, visit the DCPH stats page. For information regarding DCPH’s upcoming testing centers, please visit dentoncounty.gov/COVID19testing.