Denton County Public Health (DCPH) announced three Denton County community members died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the total to 700 deaths due to COVID-19 in Denton County. Today’s reported COVID-19 deaths include:
- A female in her 70s who was a resident of Sanger
- A male over 80 who was a resident of Good Samaritan Denton Village
- A male in his 50s who was a resident of Roanoke
“Today we are announcing three individuals have passed away due to COVID-19,” stated Denton County Judge Andy Eads. “Please keep the families of these individuals in your thoughts and prayers.”
Actual dates of death can be released several days to several months after the date of death, due to various reporting agencies and medical records review. Please visit dentoncounty.gov/COVIDstats for an in-depth chart displaying dates of death and date of DCPH report.
DCPH also announced 353 new cases of COVID-19 in Denton County, of which 321 are active cases. This increases the cumulative, countywide total to 104,843 COVID-19 cases. DCPH also reported 443 newly recovered cases of COVID-19, increasing the countywide recovery total to 88,869.
To minimize spread of COVID-19, DCPH asks unvaccinated community members to:
- Maintain at least six feet of physical distance in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wear masks or face coverings, which should cover both the nose and mouth, in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wash and/or sanitize hands frequently
- Stay home if you are symptomatic, have recently had close contact with a person with COVID-19, or are awaiting COVID-19 test results
- If you are 12 years old or over, get your COVID-19 vaccine
If you are fully vaccinated, CDC recommends mask use in public indoor spaces.
If you are moderately to severely immunocompromised, please consider an additional dose of mRNA vaccine after your initial two doses.
For local COVID-19 vaccine information, including booster and third doses, visit DCPH's COVID-19 vaccine page. For additional COVID-19 data including active case information by municipality, hospital capacity, and ventilator utilization, visit the DCPH stats page. For information regarding DCPH’s upcoming testing centers, please visit dentoncounty.gov/COVID19testing.