Denton County Public Health (DCPH) announced two Denton County community members died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the total to 695 deaths due to COVID-19 in Denton County. Today’s reported COVID-19 deaths include:
- A male in his 50s who was a resident of Brookhaven Nursing and Rehab in Carrollton
- A male in his 70s who was a resident of Eagle Ridge Alzheimer’s Special Care Center in Denton
“As we announce the death of two community members due to COVID-19, please keep their families in your thoughts and prayers,” stated Denton County Judge Andy Eads. “With the decline in COVID-19 hospitalizations, we are hopeful the trend continues. We ask community members to get vaccinated, as vaccination remains the best way to reduce the risk of COVID-19 hospitalization and death.”
Actual dates of death can be released several days to several months after the date of death, due to various reporting agencies and medical records review. Please visit dentoncounty.gov/COVIDstats for an in-depth chart displaying dates of death and date of DCPH report.
DCPH also announced 364 new cases of COVID-19 in Denton County, of which 346 are active cases. This increases the cumulative, countywide total to 101,276 COVID-19 cases. DCPH also reported 325 newly recovered cases of COVID-19, increasing the countywide recovery total to 84,235.
To minimize spread of COVID-19, DCPH asks unvaccinated community members to:
- Maintain at least six feet of physical distance in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wear masks or face coverings, which should cover both the nose and mouth, in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wash and/or sanitize hands frequently
- Stay home if you are symptomatic, have recently had close contact with a person with COVID-19, or are awaiting COVID-19 test results
- If you are 12 years old or over, get your COVID-19 vaccine
If you are fully vaccinated, CDC recommends mask use in public indoor spaces.
If you are moderately to severely immunocompromised, please consider an additional dose of mRNA vaccine after your initial two doses.
For local COVID-19 vaccine information, including booster and third doses, visit DCPH's COVID-19 vaccine page. For additional COVID-19 data including active case information by municipality, hospital capacity, and ventilator utilization, visit the DCPH stats page. For information regarding DCPH’s upcoming testing centers, please visit dentoncounty.gov/COVID19testing.