Denton County Public Health (DCPH) announced one Denton County community member died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the total to 687 deaths due to COVID-19 in Denton County. Today’s reported COVID-19 death includes:
- A male in his 60s who was a resident of Lewisville
“Today as we announce the death of one community member from COVID-19, we ask that you keep the family and friends of this individual in your thoughts and prayers,” stated Denton County Judge Andy Eads. “As we see high numbers of COVID-19 hospitalizations and intensive care utilization across our community, we strongly urge all community members to protect themselves against severe illness and death through COVID-19 vaccination.”
Actual dates of death can be released several days to several months after the date of death, due to various reporting agencies and medical records review. Please visit dentoncounty.gov/COVIDstats for an in-depth chart displaying dates of death and date of DCPH report.
DCPH also announced 665 new cases of COVID-19 in Denton County, of which 636 are active cases. This increases the cumulative, countywide total to 99,575 COVID-19 cases. DCPH also reported 800 newly recovered cases of COVID-19, increasing the countywide recovery total to 82,874.
To minimize spread of COVID-19, DCPH asks unvaccinated community members to:
- Maintain at least six feet of physical distance in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wear masks or face coverings, which should cover both the nose and mouth, in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wash and/or sanitize hands frequently
- Stay home if you are symptomatic, have recently had close contact with a person with COVID-19, or are awaiting COVID-19 test results
- If you are 12 years old or over, get your COVID-19 vaccine
If you are fully vaccinated, CDC recommends mask use in public indoor spaces.
If you are moderately to severely immunocompromised, please consider an additional dose of mRNA vaccine after your initial two doses.
For local COVID-19 vaccine information, including booster and third doses, visit DCPH's COVID-19 vaccine page. For additional COVID-19 data including active case information by municipality, hospital capacity, and ventilator utilization, visit the DCPH stats page. For information regarding DCPH’s upcoming testing centers, please visit dentoncounty.gov/COVID19testing.