Denton County Public Health (DCPH) announced six Denton County community members died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the total to 684 deaths due to COVID-19 in Denton County. Today’s reported COVID-19 deaths include:
- A male in his 40s who was a resident of Little Elm
- A male in his 30s who was a resident of Denton
- A female over 80 who was a resident of Pilot Point
- A female over 80 who was a resident of Denton
- A male in his 60s who was a resident of Denton
- A female in her 70s who was a resident of Corinth
“Today as we announce the deaths of six community members from COVID-19, we ask that you keep the family and friends of these individuals in your thoughts and prayers,” stated Denton County Judge Andy Eads. “As we see high numbers of COVID-19 hospitalizations and intensive care utilization across our community, we strongly urge all community members to protect themselves against severe illness and death through COVID-19 vaccination.”
Actual dates of death can be released several days to several months after the date of death, due to various reporting agencies and medical records review. Please visit dentoncounty.gov/COVIDstats for an in-depth chart displaying dates of death and date of DCPH report.
DCPH also announced 679 new cases of COVID-19 in Denton County, of which 672 are active cases. This increases the cumulative, countywide total to 96,986 COVID-19 cases. DCPH also reported 646 newly recovered cases of COVID-19, increasing the countywide recovery total to 80,900.
To minimize spread of COVID-19, DCPH asks unvaccinated community members to:
- Maintain at least six feet of physical distance in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wear masks or face coverings, which should cover both the nose and mouth, in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wash and/or sanitize hands frequently
- Stay home if you are symptomatic, have recently had close contact with a person with COVID-19, or are awaiting COVID-19 test results
- If you are 12 years old or over, get your COVID-19 vaccine
If you are fully vaccinated, CDC recommends mask use in public indoor spaces.
If you are moderately to severely immunocompromised, please consider an additional dose of mRNA vaccine after your initial two doses.
For local COVID-19 vaccine information or to join DCPH’s Vaccine Interest Portal Waitlist, visit DCPH's COVID-19 vaccine page. For additional COVID-19 data including active case information by municipality, hospital capacity, and ventilator utilization, visit the DCPH stats page.