Denton County Public Health (DCPH) announced four Denton County community members died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the total to 663 deaths due to COVID-19 in Denton County. Today’s reported COVID-19 deaths include:
- A male over 80 who was a resident of Lewisville
- A male in his 70s who was a resident of Denton
- A male in his 60s who was a resident of Denton
- A female in her 50s who was a resident of Flower Mound
“As we announce four additional community members who have passed away due to COVID-19, we ask for your continued thoughts and prayers for their loved ones,” stated Denton County Judge Andy Eads.
Actual dates of death can be released several days to several months after the date of death, due to various reporting agencies and medical records review. Please visit dentoncounty.gov/COVIDstats for an in-depth chart displaying dates of death and date of DCPH report.
DCPH also announced 418 new cases of COVID-19 in Denton County, of which 402 are active cases. This increases the cumulative, countywide total to 89,790 COVID-19 cases. DCPH also reported 115 newly recovered cases of COVID-19, increasing the countywide recovery total to 78,002.
To minimize spread of COVID-19, DCPH asks unvaccinated community members to:
- Maintain at least six feet of physical distance in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wear masks or face coverings, which should cover both the nose and mouth, in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wash and/or sanitize hands frequently
- Stay home if you are symptomatic, have recently had close contact with a person with COVID-19, or are awaiting COVID-19 test results
- If you are 12 years old or over, get your COVID-19 vaccine
If you are fully vaccinated, CDC recommends mask use in public indoor spaces.
If you are severely immunocompromised, please consider an additional dose of mRNA vaccine after your initial two doses.
For local COVID-19 vaccine information or to join DCPH’s Vaccine Interest Portal Waitlist, visit DCPH's COVID-19 vaccine page. For additional COVID-19 data including active case information by municipality, hospital capacity, and ventilator utilization, visit the DCPH stats page.