Denton County Public Health (DCPH) announced two Denton County community members died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the total to 652 deaths due to COVID-19 in Denton County. Today’s reported COVID-19 deaths include:
- A male in his 40s who was a resident of unincorporated southwest Denton County
- A male in his 60s who was a resident of Aubrey
“Today we have confirmed two additional COVID-19 deaths of Denton County community members,” stated Denton County Judge Andy Eads. “Please keep the families and friends of these two individuals in your thoughts and prayers.”
Actual dates of death can be released several days to several months after the date of death, due to various reporting agencies and medical records review. Please visit dentoncounty.gov/COVIDstats for an in-depth chart displaying dates of death and date of DCPH report.
DCPH also announced 407 new cases of COVID-19 in Denton County, of which 388 are active cases. This increases the cumulative, countywide total to 87,402 COVID-19 cases. DCPH also reported 79 newly recovered cases of COVID-19, increasing the countywide recovery total to 77,380.
To minimize spread of COVID-19, DCPH asks unvaccinated community members to:
- Maintain at least six feet of physical distance in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wear masks or face coverings, which should cover both the nose and mouth, in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wash and/or sanitize hands frequently
- Stay home if you are symptomatic, have recently had close contact with a person with COVID-19, or are awaiting COVID-19 test results
- If you are 12 years old or over, get your COVID-19 vaccine
If you are fully vaccinated, CDC recommends mask use in public indoor spaces.
If you are severely immunocompromised, please consider an additional dose of mRNA vaccine after your initial two doses.
For local COVID-19 vaccine information or to join DCPH’s Vaccine Interest Portal Waitlist, visit DCPH's COVID-19 vaccine page. For additional COVID-19 data including active case information by municipality, hospital capacity, and ventilator utilization, visit the DCPH stats page.