Denton County Public Health (DCPH) announced eight Denton County community members died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the total to 650 deaths due to COVID-19 in Denton County. Today’s reported COVID-19 deaths include:
- A male over 80 who was a resident of Lewisville
- A female in her 40s who was a resident of Lewisville
- A male in his 60s who was a resident of Lake Dallas
- A female in her 60s who was a resident of unincorporated southwest Denton County
- A male in his 60s who was a resident of unincorporated northwest Denton County
- A female in her 70s who was a resident of Denton
- A male in his 60s who was a resident of Denton
- A male in his 60s who was a resident of unincorporated northeast Denton County
“DCPH has confirmed eight additional COVID-19 deaths of Denton County community members,” stated Denton County Judge Andy Eads. “Please keep these individuals’ families and friends in your thoughts and prayers.”
Actual dates of death can be released several days to several months after the date of death, due to various reporting agencies and medical records review. Please visit dentoncounty.gov/COVIDstats for an in-depth chart displaying dates of death and date of DCPH report.
DCPH also announced 519 new cases of COVID-19 in Denton County, of which 487 are active cases. This increases the cumulative, countywide total to 86,996 COVID-19 cases. DCPH also reported 75 newly recovered cases of COVID-19, increasing the countywide recovery total to 77,302.
To minimize spread of COVID-19, DCPH asks unvaccinated community members to:
- Maintain at least six feet of physical distance in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wear masks or face coverings, which should cover both the nose and mouth, in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wash and/or sanitize hands frequently
- Stay home if you are symptomatic, have recently had close contact with a person with COVID-19, or are awaiting COVID-19 test results
- If you are 12 years old or over, get your COVID-19 vaccine
If you are fully vaccinated, CDC recommends mask use in public indoor spaces.
If you are severely immunocompromised, please consider an additional dose of mRNA vaccine after your initial two doses.
For local COVID-19 vaccine information or to join DCPH’s Vaccine Interest Portal Waitlist, visit DCPH's COVID-19 vaccine page. For additional COVID-19 data including active case information by municipality, hospital capacity, and ventilator utilization, visit the DCPH stats page.