Denton County Public Health (DCPH) announced one Denton County community member died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the total to 617 deaths due to COVID-19 in Denton County. Today’s reported COVID-19 death includes:
- A female over 80 who was a resident of Beehive Assisted Living in Lewisville
“As we announce the death of one additional Denton County community member due to COVID-19, we ask that you keep this individual’s family and friends in your thoughts and prayers,” stated Denton County Judge Andy Eads.
DCPH also announced 34 new cases of COVID-19 in Denton County, of which 34 are active cases. This increases the cumulative, countywide total to 77,057 COVID-19 cases. DCPH also reported 67 newly recovered cases of COVID-19, increasing the countywide recovery total to 74,859.
To minimize spread of COVID-19, DCPH asks unvaccinated community members to:
- Maintain at least six feet of physical distance in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wear masks or face coverings, which should cover both the nose and mouth, in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wash and/or sanitize hands frequently
- Stay home if you are symptomatic, have recently had close contact with a person with COVID-19, or are awaiting COVID-19 test results
- If you are 12 years old or over, get your COVID-19 vaccine
For local COVID-19 vaccine information or to join DCPH’s Vaccine Interest Portal Waitlist, visit DCPH's COVID-19 vaccine page. For additional COVID-19 data including active case information by municipality, hospital capacity, and ventilator utilization, visit the DCPH stats page.