Denton County Public Health (DCPH) announced one Denton County community member died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the total to 616 deaths due to COVID-19 in Denton County. Today’s reported COVID-19 death includes:
- A male in his 60s who was a resident of Carrollton
“DCPH has confirmed one additional COVID-19 death in Denton County,” stated Denton County Judge Andy Eads. “Please keep this individual’s family and friends in your thoughts and prayers.”
DCPH also announced 48 new cases of COVID-19 in Denton County, of which 44 are active cases. This increases the cumulative, countywide total to 77,023 COVID-19 cases. DCPH also reported 84 newly recovered cases of COVID-19, increasing the countywide recovery total to 74,794.
To minimize spread of COVID-19, DCPH asks unvaccinated community members to:
- Maintain at least six feet of physical distance in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wear masks or face coverings, which should cover both the nose and mouth, in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wash and/or sanitize hands frequently
- Stay home if you are symptomatic, have recently had close contact with a person with COVID-19, or are awaiting COVID-19 test results
- If you are 12 years old or over, get your COVID-19 vaccine
For local COVID-19 vaccine information or to join DCPH’s Vaccine Interest Portal Waitlist, visit DCPH's COVID-19 vaccine page. For additional COVID-19 data including active case information by municipality, hospital capacity, and ventilator utilization, visit the DCPH stats page.