Denton County Public Health (DCPH) announced seven Denton County community members died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the total to 473 deaths due to COVID-19 in Denton County. Today’s reported COVID-19 deaths include:
- A female in her 70s who was a resident of Lewisville
- A male in his 70s who was a resident of Lewisville
- A female in her 50s who was a resident of Lewisville
- A female in her 60s who was a resident of Flower Mound
- A male in his 30s who was a resident of Sanger
- A female in her 50s who was a resident of Sanger
- A male in his 60s who was a resident of Denton
"Today we are announcing seven additional community members have passed away due to COVID-19," stated Denton County Judge Andy Eads. "We ask our community members to continue utilizing public health recommendations to slow the spread of COVID-19 within Denton County."
DCPH also announced 185 new cases of COVID-19 in Denton County, of which 167 are active cases. This increases the cumulative, countywide total to 72,160 COVID-19 cases. DCPH also reported 1,038 newly recovered cases of COVID-19, increasing the countywide recovery total to 66,511.
To minimize spread of COVID-19, DCPH urges all community members to:
- Maintain at least six feet of physical distance in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wear masks or face coverings, which should cover both the nose and mouth, in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wash and/or sanitize hands frequently
- Stay home if you are symptomatic, have recently had close contact with a person with COVID-19, or are awaiting COVID-19 test results
- If you are 16 years old or over, get your COVID-19 vaccine
For local COVID-19 vaccine information or to join DCPH’s Vaccine Interest Portal Waitlist, visit DCPH's COVID-19 vaccine page. Weekly vaccine updates are emailed on Fridays to those on the DCPH Vaccine Interest Portal Waitlist. For additional COVID-19 data including active case information by municipality, hospital capacity, and ventilator utilization, visit the DCPH stats page.