Denton County Public Health (DCPH) announced 74 new cases of COVID-19 in Denton County, of which 51 are active cases. This increases the cumulative, countywide total to 71,388 COVID-19 cases. DCPH also reported 362 newly recovered cases of COVID-19, increasing the countywide recovery total to 63,445.
In a correction to the press release from March 24, 2021, the death reported of a female over 80 who resided in Flower Mound Assisted Living has been updated to a female over 80 who resided in Lake Village Nursing Home in Lewisville.
To minimize spread of COVID-19, DCPH urges all community members to:
- Maintain at least six feet of physical distance in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wear masks or face coverings, which should cover both the nose and mouth, in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wash and/or sanitize hands frequently
- Stay home if you are symptomatic, have recently had close contact with a person with COVID-19, or are awaiting COVID-19 test results
- When eligible and available to you, get your COVID-19 vaccine
For local COVID-19 vaccine information or to join DCPH’s Vaccine Interest Portal Waitlist, visit DCPH's COVID-19 vaccine page. Weekly vaccine updates are emailed on Fridays to those on the DCPH Vaccine Interest Portal Waitlist. For additional COVID-19 data including active case information by municipality, hospital capacity, and ventilator utilization, visit the DCPH stats page.