Denton County Public Health (DCPH) announced 114 new cases of COVID-19 in Denton County, of which 96 are active cases. This increases the cumulative, countywide total to 70,885 COVID-19 cases. DCPH also reported 525 newly recovered cases of COVID-19, increasing the countywide recovery total to 61,572.
Due to lower numbers of positive labs received on Saturdays and Sundays, DCPH will transition to reporting COVID-19 updates Monday through Friday. DCPH's next COVID-19 case report will be provided Monday, March 22, 2021.
To minimize spread of COVID-19, DCPH urges all community members to:
- Maintain at least six feet of physical distance in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wear masks or face coverings, which should cover both the nose and mouth, in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wash and/or sanitize hands frequently
- Stay home if you are symptomatic, have recently had close contact with a person with COVID-19, or are awaiting COVID-19 test results
- When eligible and available to you, get your COVID-19 vaccine
For local COVID-19 vaccine information or to join DCPH’s Vaccine Interest Portal Waitlist, visit DCPH's COVID-19 vaccine page. Weekly vaccine updates are emailed on Fridays to those on the DCPH Vaccine Interest Portal Waitlist. For additional COVID-19 data including active case information by municipality, hospital capacity, and ventilator utilization, visit the DCPH stats page.