Denton County Public Health (DCPH) announced six Denton County community members died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the total to 453 deaths due to COVID-19 in Denton County. Today’s reported COVID-19 deaths include:
- A female over 80 who was a resident of Brookdale Denton North
- A male over 80 who was a resident of Brookdale Denton North
- A male in his 50s who was a resident of Denton
- A male in his 50s who was a resident of unincorporated northwest Denton County
- A female in her 50s who was a resident of The Colony
- A female over 80 who was a resident of Denton
“As we report six deaths from COVID-19 today, we hope you will keep their families in your thoughts and prayers,” Judge Andy Eads said. “We ask you to please continue to follow safety precautions as recommended by Denton County Public Health.”
DCPH also announced 192 new cases of COVID-19 in Denton County, of which 177 are active cases. This increases the cumulative, countywide total to 70,771 COVID-19 cases. DCPH also reported 405 newly recovered cases of COVID-19, increasing the countywide recovery total to 61,047.
To minimize spread of COVID-19, DCPH urges all community members to:
- Maintain at least six feet of physical distance in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wear masks or face coverings, which should cover both the nose and mouth, in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wash and/or sanitize hands frequently
- Stay home if you are symptomatic, have recently had close contact with a person with COVID-19, or are awaiting COVID-19 test results
- When eligible and available to you, get your COVID-19 vaccine
For local COVID-19 vaccine information or to join DCPH’s Vaccine Interest Portal Waitlist, visit DCPH's COVID-19 vaccine page. Weekly vaccine updates are emailed on Fridays to those on the DCPH Vaccine Interest Portal Waitlist. For additional COVID-19 data including active case information by municipality, hospital capacity, and ventilator utilization, visit the DCPH stats page.