Denton County Public Health (DCPH) announced five Denton County community members died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the total to 313 deaths due to COVID-19 in Denton County. Today’s reported COVID-19 deaths include:
- A male over 80 who was a resident of Carrollton
- A male over 80 who was a resident of Lewisville
- A male over 80 who was a resident of Pilot Point
- A male over 80 who was a resident of Prairie Estates in Frisco
- A male over 80 who was a resident of Trophy Club
“We are saddened to report the loss of five more individuals to COVID-19 in Denton County,” stated Denton County Judge Andy Eads. “Please keep these individuals’ families and friends in your thoughts and prayers.”
DCPH also announced 737 new cases of COVID-19 in Denton County, of which 643 are active cases. This increases the cumulative, countywide total to 52,594 COVID-19 cases. DCPH also reported 505 newly recovered cases of COVID-19, increasing the countywide recovery total to 37,060.
To minimize spread of COVID-19, DCPH urges all community members to:
- Maintain at least six feet of physical distance in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wear masks or face coverings, which should cover both the nose and mouth, in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wash and/or sanitize hands frequently
- Stay home if you are symptomatic, have recently had close contact with a person with COVID-19, or have pending COVID-19 lab results
For additional COVID-19 data including active case information by municipality, hospital capacity, and ventilator utilization, visit the DCPH stats page. For local COVID-19 vaccine information or to join DCPH’s Vaccine Interest Portal Waitlist, visit DCPH's COVID-19 vaccine page. Weekly vaccine updates are emailed on Fridays to those on the DCPH Vaccine Interest Portal Waitlist.