Denton County Public Health (DCPH) announced three Denton County community members died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the total to 268 deaths due to COVID-19 in Denton County. Today’s reported COVID-19 deaths include:
- A male in his 60s who was a resident of Corinth
- A female over 80 who was a resident of Flower Mound
- A female in her 70s who was a resident of Autumn Leaves of North Carrollton at Castle Hills
“Today we are reporting three individuals passed away due to COVID-19,” stated Denton County Judge Andy Eads. “Please join us in praying for these three individuals’ families and friends. Please continue utilizing masks, social distancing, and handwashing to slow the spread of COVID-19 within Denton County.”
DCPH also announced 750 new cases of COVID-19 in Denton County, of which 639 are active cases. This increases the cumulative, countywide total to 48,945 COVID-19 cases. DCPH also reported 242 newly recovered cases of COVID-19, increasing the countywide recovery total to 33,854.
To minimize spread of COVID-19, DCPH urges all community members to:
- Maintain at least six feet of physical distance in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wear masks or face coverings, which should cover both the nose and mouth, in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wash and/or sanitize hands frequently
- Stay home if you are symptomatic, have recently had close contact with a person with COVID-19, or have pending COVID-19 lab results
For additional COVID-19 data including active case information by municipality, hospital capacity, and ventilator utilization, visit the DCPH stats page. Weekly vaccine updates are emailed on Fridays to those on the DCPH Vaccine Interest Portal Waitlist. For local COVID-19 vaccine information, visit DCPH's COVID-19 vaccine page.