Denton County Public Health (DCPH) announced four Denton County community members died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the total to 228 deaths due to COVID-19 in Denton County. Today’s reported COVID-19 deaths include:
- A male in his 70s who was a resident of Lewisville
- A male in his 40s who was a resident of Lewisville
- A male over 80 who was a resident of Corinth
- A male over 80 who was a resident of Carriage House of Denton
“Though we know that COVID-19 vaccines will be more available in the not-so-distant future, it is incumbent upon all of us to continue following safety practices to ensure that we protect our most vulnerable populations,” said Denton County Judge Andy Eads. “We ask you to keep these four individuals’ families in your prayers.”
DCPH also announced 690 new cases of COVID-19 in Denton County, of which 669 are active cases. This increases the cumulative, countywide total to 42,095 COVID-19 cases. DCPH also reported 388 newly recovered cases of COVID-19, increasing the countywide recovery total to 28,525.
DCPH is providing free drive-thru COVID-19 testing on Tuesday, January 12, 2021 at University of North Texas’ Discovery Park at 319 E. 3940 N. Elm St in Denton. Eligible community members must reside in Denton County, pre-register by calling 940-349-2585, and have not previously tested positive for COVID-19. Pre-registration is required with appointments starting at 8 AM.
To minimize spread of COVID-19, DCPH urges all community members to:
- Maintain at least six feet of physical distance in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wear masks or face coverings, which should cover both the nose and mouth, in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wash and/or sanitize hands frequently
- Stay home if you are symptomatic, have recently had close contact with a person with COVID-19, or have pending COVID-19 lab results
For additional COVID-19 data including active case information by municipality, hospital capacity, and ventilator utilization, visit the DCPH stats page. For information regarding DCPH’s upcoming testing centers, please visit the DCPH COVID-19 testing page. For additional COVID-19 health and safety recommendations, visit the COVID-19 information page.