Denton County Public Health (DCPH) announced four Denton County community members died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the total to 218 deaths due to COVID-19 in Denton County. Today’s reported COVID-19 deaths include:
- A female over 80 who was a resident of Cedar Crest in Lewisville
- A female in her 60s who was a resident of Lewisville
- A male in his 70s who was a resident of Frisco
- A male over 80 who was a resident of Lewisville Estates in Lewisville
“Please keep the families and friends of these four individuals in your thoughts and prayers,” said Denton County Judge Andy Eads. “We are urging you to continue wearing masks, social distancing, and handwashing so we can all do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19 in Denton County.”
DCPH also announced 610 new cases of COVID-19 in Denton County, of which 582 are active cases. This increases the cumulative, countywide total to 39,792 COVID-19 cases. DCPH also reported 576 newly recovered cases of COVID-19, increasing the countywide recovery total to 26,622.
-thru COVID-19 testing on Tuesday, January 5, 2020 at University of North Texas Discovery Park at 3940 N. Elm St in Denton. Eligible community members must reside in Denton County, pre-register by calling 940-349-2585, and have not previously tested positive for COVID-19. Pre-registration is required with appointments starting at 8 AM.
To minimize spread of COVID-19, DCPH urges all community members to:
- Maintain at least six feet of physical distance in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wear masks or face coverings, which should cover both the nose and mouth, in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wash and/or sanitize hands frequently
- Stay home if you are symptomatic, have recently had close contact with a person with COVID-19, or have pending COVID-19 lab results
For additional COVID-19 data including active case information by municipality, hospital capacity, and ventilator utilization, visit the DCPH stats page. For information regarding DCPH’s upcoming testing centers, please visit the DCPH COVID-19 testing page. For additional COVID-19 health and safety recommendations, visit the COVID-19 information page.