Denton County Public Health (DCPH) announced three Denton County community members died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the total to 187 deaths due to COVID-19 in Denton County. Today’s reported COVID-19 deaths include:
- A male in his 50s who was a resident of The Colony
- A male over 80 who was a resident of Inspired Living in Lewisville
- A female over 80 who was a resident of Inspired Living in Lewisville
“As the holiday draws near and our hospital workers begin receiving their first doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, we must remember public health measures remain part of the solution,” said Denton County Judge Andy Eads. “Wearing masks, social distancing, and washing and sanitizing hands frequently are ways for us to protect each other. Please continue to practice these measures and share your thoughts and prayers for these three individuals’ families and friends over this holiday.”
DCPH also announced 751 new cases of COVID-19 in Denton County, of which 672 are active cases. This increases the cumulative, countywide total to 36,303 COVID-19 cases. DCPH also reported 293 newly recovered cases of COVID-19, increasing the countywide recovery total to 24,016.
DCPH is providing free drive-thru COVID-19 testing on Tuesday, December 29, 2020 at University of North Texas Discovery Park at 2940 N. Elm St in Denton. Eligible community members must reside in Denton County, pre-register by calling 940-349-2585, and have not previously tested positive for COVID-19. Pre-registration is required with appointments starting at 8 AM.
To minimize spread of COVID-19, DCPH urges all community members to:
- Maintain at least six feet of physical distance in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wear masks or face coverings, which should cover both the nose and mouth, in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wash and/or sanitize hands frequently
- Stay home if you are symptomatic, have recently had close contact with a person with COVID-19, or have pending COVID-19 lab results
For additional COVID-19 data including active case information by municipality, hospital capacity, and ventilator utilization, visit the DCPH stats page. For information regarding DCPH’s upcoming testing centers, please visit the DCPH COVID-19 testing page. For additional COVID-19 health and safety recommendations, visit the COVID-19 information page.