Denton County Public Health (DCPH) announced four Denton County community members died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the total to 152 deaths due to COVID-19 in Denton County. Today’s reported COVID-19 deaths include:
- A male over 80 who was a resident of Denton
- A female over 80 who was a resident of Longmeadow Healthcare Center in Justin
- A male in his 50s who was a resident of Corinth
- A male in his 60s who was a resident of Countryside Nursing and Rehabilitation in Pilot Point
“Please join us in thoughts and prayers for the families and friends of these four individuals,” said Denton County Judge Andy Eads. “We all must do our part in wearing masks when around others, physically distancing, and washing our hands frequently to slow COVID-19 spread in Denton County.”
DCPH also announced 471 new cases of COVID-19 in Denton County, of which 335 are active cases. This increases the cumulative, countywide total to 25,094 COVID-19 cases. DCPH also reported 219 newly recovered cases of COVID-19, increasing the countywide recovery total to 18,500.
DCPH is providing a free drive-thru COVID-19 testing center on Tuesday, December 8, 2020 at University of North Texas’ Discovery Park at 3940 N Elm St in Denton. Eligible community members must reside in Denton County, pre-register by calling 940-349-2585, and have not previously tested positive for COVID-19. Pre-registration is required and appointments are available starting at 8 AM.
To minimize spread of COVID-19, DCPH urges all community members to:
- Maintain at least six feet of physical distance in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wear masks or face coverings, which should cover both the nose and mouth, in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wash and/or sanitize hands frequently
- Stay home if you are symptomatic, have recently had close contact with a person with COVID-19, or have pending COVID-19 lab results
For additional COVID-19 data including active case information by municipality, hospital capacity, and ventilator utilization, visit the DCPH stats page. For information regarding DCPH’s upcoming testing centers, please visit the DCPH COVID-19 testing page. For additional COVID-19 health and safety recommendations, visit the COVID-19 information page.