Denton County Public Health (DCPH) has announced four Denton County community members have died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the total to 142 deaths due to COVID-19 in Denton County. Today’s reported COVID-19 deaths include:
- A male in his 50s who was a resident of Lewisville
- A male over 80 who was a resident of The Colony
- A female in her 50s who was a resident of Lewisville
- A male in his 60s who was a resident of Denton
“Please share your thoughts and prayers with these four community members’ families and friends,” said Denton County Judge Andy Eads. “We must continue to practice physical distancing, wearing masks, and washing or sanitizing hands frequently to slow the spread of COVID-19 in Denton County.”
DCPH also announced 209 new cases of COVID-19 in Denton County, of which 96 are active cases. This increases the cumulative, countywide total to 18,599 COVID-19 cases. DCPH also reported 188 newly recovered cases of COVID-19, increasing the countywide recovery total to 15,014.
DCPH is providing a free drive-thru COVID-19 testing center on Friday, November 13, 2020 at North Central Texas College Exchange Parking Garage at 319 E. Sycamore St in Denton. Eligible community members must reside in Denton County, pre-register by calling 940-349-2585, and have not previously tested positive for COVID-19. Pre-registration is required and appointments are available starting at 8 AM.
To minimize spread of COVID-19, DCPH urges all community members to:
- Maintain at least six feet of physical distance in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wear masks or face coverings, which should cover both the nose and mouth, in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wash and/or sanitize hands frequently
- Stay home if you are symptomatic, have recently had close contact with a person with COVID-19, or have pending COVID-19 lab results
For additional COVID-19 data including active case information by municipality, hospital capacity, and ventilator utilization, visit the DCPH stats page. For information regarding DCPH’s upcoming testing centers, please visit the DCPH COVID-19 testing page. For additional COVID-19 health and safety recommendations, visit the COVID-19 information page.