Denton County Public Health (DCPH) has announced six Denton County community members have died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the total to 138 deaths due to COVID-19 in Denton County. Today’s reported COVID-19 deaths include:
- A male in his 70s who was a resident of Eagle Ridge Alzheimer’s Special Care Center in Denton
- A male over 80 who was a resident of Rambling Oaks Courtyard in Highland Village
- A male in his 60s who was a resident of The Colony
- A female in her 60s who was a resident of The Colony
- A male over 80 who was a resident of Saddle Brook Memory Care in Frisco
- A female in her 70s who was a resident of unincorporated southwest Denton County
“With six additional COVID-19 deaths today, we ask for your thoughts and prayers for these community members’ families and friends,” said Denton County Judge Andy Eads. “Please continue physical distancing, wearing your masks, and washing or sanitizing your hands frequently so we can slow the spread of COVID-19 in Denton County.”
DCPH also announced 117 new cases of COVID-19 in Denton County, of which 81 are active cases. This increases the cumulative, countywide total to 16,978 COVID-19 cases. DCPH also reported 76 newly recovered cases of COVID-19, increasing the countywide recovery total to 13,809.
DCPH is providing a free drive-thru COVID-19 testing center on Tuesday, November 3, 2020 at Bakersfield Park at 1201 Duncan Ln in Flower Mound. Eligible community members must reside in Denton County, pre-register by calling 940-349-2585, and have not previously tested positive for COVID-19. Pre-registration is required and appointments are available starting at 8 AM.
To minimize spread of COVID-19, DCPH urges community members to:
- Maintain at least six feet of physical distance in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wear masks or face coverings, which should cover both the nose and mouth, in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wash and/or sanitize hands frequently
- Stay home if you are symptomatic, have recently had close contact with a person with COVID-19, or have pending COVID-19 lab results
For additional COVID-19 data including active case information by municipality, hospital capacity, and ventilator utilization, visit the DCPH stats page. For information regarding DCPH’s upcoming testing centers, please visit the DCPH COVID-19 testing page. For additional COVID-19 health and safety recommendations, visit the COVID-19 information page.