Denton County Public Health (DCPH) has announced three Denton County community members have died as a result of COVID-19, bringing the total to 130 deaths due to COVID-19 in Denton County. The deaths reported today include:
- A female over 80 who was a resident of Saddle Brook Memory Care in Frisco
- A female in her 70s who was a resident of Saddle Brook Memory Care in Frisco
- A male in his 50s who was a resident of Denton
“We ask for your thoughts and prayers for the family and friends of three community members who passed away from COVID-19,” said Denton County Judge Andy Eads. “Please continue following public health recommendations to protect your family, friends, and yourself.”
DCPH also announced 126 new cases of COVID-19 in Denton County, of which 102 are active cases. This increases the cumulative, countywide total to 16,718 COVID-19 cases. DCPH also reported 65 newly recovered cases of COVID-19, increasing the countywide recovery total to 13,657.
DCPH is providing a free drive-thru COVID-19 testing center on Tuesday, November 3, 2020 at Bakersfield Park at 1201 Duncan Ln in Flower Mound. Eligible community members must reside in Denton County, pre-register by calling 940-349-2585, and have not previously tested positive for COVID-19. Pre-registration is required and appointments are available starting at 8 AM.
To minimize spread of COVID-19, DCPH urges community members to:
- Maintain at least six feet of physical distance in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wear masks or face coverings, which should cover both the nose and mouth, in public settings and when around individuals outside of the household
- Wash and/or sanitize hands frequently
- Stay home if you are symptomatic, have recently had close contact with a person with COVID-19, or have pending COVID-19 lab results
For additional COVID-19 data including active case information by municipality, hospital capacity, and ventilator utilization, visit the DCPH stats page. For information regarding DCPH’s upcoming testing centers, please visit the DCPH COVID-19 testing page. For additional COVID-19 health and safety recommendations, visit the COVID-19 information page.