Texas Alcoholic Beverage Permit

The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) requires alcoholic beverage manufacturers, distributors, retailers, etc. to apply for permits and licenses before they may operate in the State of Texas.

Applying for a Denton County Permit or License

To apply for a permit or license for Denton County locations contact:
Local (Arlington) TABC Office
2225 E Randol Mill Road
Suite 200
Arlington, Texas 76011

Forms & Instructions

TABC will provide application forms and a complete list of instructions on how to certify an application. Additional information is available from the TABC website or:
TABC Office
P.O. Box 13127
Austin, TX 78711

Amended Code

Sections 11.38 and 61.26 of the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Code were amended September 1, 2001, to allow TABC to deny or cancel a permit for the retail sale or service of alcoholic beverages if it is found that the permit holder or applicant has not paid delinquent property taxes due on that permitted premises or due from a business operated on that premises.


The Denton County Tax Assessor-Collector collects state and county fees for several types of original and existing beer, wine, and liquor permits and licenses at the Denton office, located at:
1505 E McKinney
Denton, TX 76209

Additional Information

For further information about alcoholic beverage permits, please email the Property Tax office.

Beer & Wine Renewals

All renewal applications will be mailed out by Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission. This application will only show fees and surcharges due for the State of Texas.

There will also be Denton County fees due (which are half of the state fees) and a renewal fee of $2. Please bring (or mail) three copies of this form signed and notarized along with payment of all fees to the Denton County Tax Office. You will be issued a temporary receipt so that your business may continue to sell beer and wine until you receive your permanent license from TABC.