Serving Denton County Veterans with an attitude of gratitude.
Denton County will be recognized as the leader in local government through its excellent service to citizens and quality workforce. We will carry out our duties by respecting citizens, maintaining fiscal responsibility, demonstrating accountability, and fairly and equitably allocating resources.
The Denton County Veterans Service Office offers vital assistance to Denton County Veterans and their dependents in filing VA benefit claims.
The veterans’ benefit counselors of the Denton County Veterans Service Office assist veterans of the Armed Forces and their dependents file claims and obtain their benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs after service to our country.
The staff of the Veterans Service can assist you with the following subjects:
- Appeal to Board of Veterans Appeal
- Burial Allowance
- Claims for Insurance Payments
- Compensation or Pension
- Death Indemnity Compensation
- Debt Waivers
- Disability Retirement
- Educational Benefits
- Hospital and Outpatient Benefits
- Obtaining Lost Military Records
- Review of Military Discharge
- SPAN Transportation to DVA Medical Facilities
- Texas Veterans Land Board Programs
- Vocational Benefits
- How can I get transportation to the VA hospital in Dallas?
- I was wounded in 1945 and want to file a claim for service connected benefits what should I do?
- I have been turned down several times before for my service connected injuries and no one can help me. Why is this?
- My mother is in a nursing home on Medicaid receiving $45 per month, can she get some help from the VA?
- I just had a heart attack and can’t work any more; can the VA help me?
- The cost of my prescriptions is getting to be more than I can afford. Will the VA fill them for me?
- As an honorably discharged veteran, I know that I am eligible to be buried in a VA cemetery. Is there one in the North Texas area and can I reserve a spot?
- Are there any VA medical facilities in the North Texas area and where are they located?
- I need a copy of my discharge, my DD214. How can I get a copy?
- Over the many years since I left the military I have lost all my medals and awards. Is there someway I can get them replaced by the Government?
Paul BastaichService Officer
Veterans Service (Main Office)
1505 E McKinney Street
Denton, TX 76209-4525
1505 E McKinney Street Suite 151 Denton TX 76209-4525
Phone: 940-349-2950Fax: 940-349-2951
Additional Phone: 972-434-8813
Monday through Friday
Scheduled Appointments Only. No exceptions. Please call our main office at 940-349-2950 to schedule an appointment.
Veteran Community Navigator Program