Did you just move to Texas from another state? If you did, you will need Texas license plates and registration for your vehicle.
Steps to Obtaining Texas License Plates & Registration
- Have your vehicle inspected. Texas requires your vehicle to pass the state safety inspection before it can be registered. State inspections are available at service stations and repair shops all over Denton County.
- Register your vehicle at a local county tax office. You must register your vehicle in the county that you reside in.
- Apply for your new Texas Driver’s license at the Department of Public Safety Office.
View the list of documents that you will need to register your vehicle:
The following types of photo identification are acceptable:
- A driver license or state identification certification issued by a state or territory of the United States
- Identification issued under a Status of Forces Agreement
- North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) identification or identification issued under a United States Status of Forces Agreement
- United States Citizenship and Immigration Services documentation
- United States Department of Homeland Security identification
- United States Department of State identification
- United States military identification
- United States or foreign passport