General Guidelines for Manufactured Home Rental Communities
Minimum Standards for Manufactured Home Rental Communities
Per SB 712, minimum standards may only include the following:
- Drainage Standards in accordance with standard engineering practices. Provisions of Chapter 44, CFR are applicable.
- Water Supply standards in accordance with Subchapter C, Chapter 341, Health and Safety Code.
- Sanitary Sewer standards in accordance with Chapter 366, Health and Safety Code.
- Survey Standards to include boundaries, significant features, home spaces, utility easements, dedication of Right-of-Way.
- Specifications for Streets or Roads which are reasonably necessary to provide ingress and egress access for fire and emergency vehicles.
- Infrastructure Standards may not be more stringent than those adopted for subdivisions.
Submittal & Approval Process
Submittal and approval process for Mobile Home Community Survey and Infrastructure Development Plan (IDP).
- Developer submits a survey and IDP to Denton County Development Services Department.
- Engineering reviews IDP for compliance with engineering requirements.
- Development Services reviews survey for compliance with surveying plat requirements and other pertinent County ordinances.
- Within 60 days of submittal, Commissioners Court approves or disapproves survey and IDP upon recommendation by reviewing departments.
- Upon approval of survey and IDP, Engineering will schedule and conduct a pre-construction conference with owner, contractor and owner’s engineer.
- Engineering inspects work during construction.
- Engineering conducts the final inspection.
- Within 5 business days of final inspection approval, Commissioners Court issues a Certificate of Compliance.
- Owner may begin lot/space rental only after issuance of Certificate of Compliance.
- Utility providers may connect to lots/spaces only after issuance of Certificate of Compliance.