Child Support

Almost all of the child support that is ordered by the Denton County District Courts is now directed to be paid through the State Disbursement Unit (SDU) in San Antonio for accounting and disbursement. Any questions regarding receipt, disbursement, address changes, etc should be directed to the SDU. The address and phone for the SDU are:


Exceptions are those cases that the order for child support is dated before January 1, 1994. The majority of the older case orders may require child support to be sent to the Denton County District Clerk, however, The District Clerk does not receive or give receipt for child support payments. Again, payments should be made through Texas Child Support SDU.

The Denton County Districts Clerk’s office is not a child support enforcement office. If you are not being paid the support that is owed to you, then you must contact either a private attorney or the Office of the Attorney General, Child Support Enforcement Division for enforcement of your support order.

Satellite Office

The local satellite office for the Child Support Enforcement Division of the Attorney General’s Office is located at:

  • Office of the Attorney General Child Support Division
    1808 Cornell Lane
    Suite 150
    Denton, TX 76201
  • Phone: 800-252-8014 - For automated payment and case information or information about applying for services
  • Additional Phone: 866-255-2006 - Acknowledgement of Paternity questions
  • Email for General Support Program questions only

Setting up a Child Support Account

To set up your child support account with Texas Child Support SDU please complete SDU Form 1828 (PDF). You may deliver a completed SDU form 1828 to The Denton County District Clerk or you can send the form directly to The State Case Registry/ County Contact Team by faxing 877-924-6872, emailing The State Case Registry/ County Contact Team, or mail to:
TX Child Support Disbursement Unit
P.O. Box 659400
San Antonio, TX 78265

This email address is not meant for the delivery of legal documents or notices to the Child Support Division. Electronic filing email notice to the Child Support Division regarding a particular case must be sent in accordance with Rule 21a, Texas Rule of Civil Procedure, to the appropriate local office’s mailing or email address as noted in the court’s file.