The Denton County Fire Marshal’s Office requires all retail firework stands in unincorporated Denton County to have a Temporary Structures and Use Permit (PDF) issued by our office. This permit is an additional permit to that which is required by the State of Texas.
- Both original and valid permits must be posted at the stand throughout the sales season. No copies of permits will be accepted as valid on site.
- There is a $100 temporary structure permit fee per outdoor stand.
- New and existing vendors must submit the required application, corresponding documents and the required fee for each stand for summer sales and for winter sales.
- Once we have received all required materials, an inspection will be conducted.
- Random inspections may take place throughout the seasonal sales period at which time if violations are found, appropriate action will be taken to ensure compliance.
- Our office will enforce the laws of the State of Texas in regards to fireworks stands. These laws have been created to protect both the employees of the stand and the general public.
- Review the Inspection Checklist (PDF) for more information.