Important: Application for site development and new structures will not be accepted without a copy of a current Development Permit for the site, with a 911 address, issued by Denton County Public Works.
Find additional information about Development Permits or contact the Denton County Planning Department and by reviewing the Permit and Plan Review Process (PDF).
- All plans review may take up to 10 working days.
- The permit application (PDF) must be completed, signed, and dated by the submitting individual. (Only completed and signed applications will be processed.)
- Upon completion of the plans review the individual on the application will be contacted.
- A minimum of two sets of drawings and one electronic copy is to be submitted.
- Plans to be either blue or black line drawings, clear and legible.
- The plans are to be prepared and stamped by a registered design professional.
- Provide list of contractors with a copy of their licenses.
- Provide list of sub-contractors with a copy of their licenses.
- Projects may proceed above grade level when all fires lanes and required fire protection lines have been reviewed and released by the Fire Marshal Office.
- A separate permit is required for all temporary construction trailers.
- Payments for Plans Review will be due upon submission of Plans Sets and the Application for Permit.
- Check are to be made payable to Denton County.
There are additional requirements for specific types of permits. Refer to each section below for more information. The Permit Fee Schedule (PDF) will have the fee amount for each listed Construction or Operational Permit.