Filing Suits


The information provided on this website is not intended as legal advice. You should consult an attorney for further information, legal advice, or answers to legal questions. Laws change constantly and at times the information on this website may not be current. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of information provided at any of the links listed here. The court does not assume liability for any consequences resulting from your reliance on the forms or information provided herein.

Out-Of-County Service

To sue a defendant outside Denton County, you must provide the name and address of the Constable or Sheriff for service of citation and a separate money order for that agency's fee (contact appropriate agency for payment amount and information).