You do not qualify for dismissal of your offense by means of a Driving Safety Course if you have taken a Driving Safety Course for a ticket dismissal within the 12 months preceding the date of your offense, or if you were charged with one of the following offenses:
- Charged with a speed of 95 miles per hour or more
- Section 542.404 Construction Zone with Workers Present
- Section 545.066 Passing a School Bus
- Section 545.421 Fleeing or attempting to elude a police officer
- Section 550.022 Failure to stop and remain at the scene after an accident involving damage to a vehicle
- Section 550.023 Duty to give information and render aid
Proof of License and Insurance
Per Article 45.0511, you must have a Texas Driver License or must sign an affidavit of military status and show proof of personal insurance.
Instructions to Request Driving Safety Course
To qualify you must make your request in person or by certified mail postmarked on or before the due date on your citation.
- Cash, if in person
- Cashier’s Check or Money Order made payable to “Denton County” (no personal checks accepted)
- Contact the Court for other options
- Affidavit of Military Status (PDF)
- Driver Safety Course Application (PDF)