- The Board meets at least quarterly every year.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
The Denton County Juvenile Board is made up of the County Judge, the District Judges in Denton County, and the Judges of all of the Denton County Statutory Courts.
The Chairman of the Board is Judge Kimberly McCary.
The Administrator for Board matters is Melanie Miller. If you have additional questions please phone 940-349-2400.
The Board has many statutory responsibilities such as:
- Approval of certain probation-related budgets
- Approval of the Juvenile Court Indigent Defense Plan
- Approval of proposed juvenile processing offices
- Certifying the suitability of the juvenile court and the pre- and post-adjudication detention centers
- Hiring the chief juvenile probation officer